The mass registration for the National ID running under the theme My Country My Identity, begins cou...
The Public Procurement & Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA) hosted the 6th East Africa P...
Recognising the continuously changing public procurement environment, PPDA began working on amendmen...
In this edition of the Procurement Digest get to know the award winners at the EAC procurement f...
"Let us wake up from sleep and transform our country. In the coming years, let our slogan be: “Impro...
Go register for your National IDMonday, 14 April 2014 09:01
Report on 6th Regional Procurement ForumTuesday, 01 April 2014 16:53
Amending the PPDA Act to Meet Changing Business EnvironmentTuesday, 04 March 2014 16:43
Procurement awards and focus on regional collaborationMonday, 10 February 2014 10:59
Let us wake up from sleep and transform our country-- President MuseveniMonday, 27 January 2014 15:48
Amended PPDA Act & Regulations came into force 3 March 2014
Amended PPDA Act & Regulations 2014
The amendments will significantly change the way public procurement is managed in Uganda. Some of the immediate benefits are promotion of local businesses under the preference and reservation schemes, and efficiency in public procurement. The new law also demands great accountability from both public and private officials involved in procurement.
The Government of Uganda initiated reforms in the public procurement and disposal sector in 1997, following the enactment of the 1995 constitution and the introduction of several reforms and structural adjustment programmes. Prior to this, public procurement was governed by the 1977 Public Finance (Tender Board) Regulations under the Public Finance Act of 1964.
A world-class public procurement and disposal system that is efficient, transparent and accountable.
To regulate and facilitate public procurement and disposal in Uganda by setting standards, building capacity and monitoring compliance and ultimately contribute to socio-economic development
28 May 2014
Please click the link for details
- 28 May 2014 Request for Expression of Interst - Business Process Reengineering
- 09 April 2014 Procurement Digest Jan-Mar 2014: What to expect in Amended PPDA Act
- 10 February 2014 Procurement awards and focus on regional collaboration
- 24 October 2013 Procurement Digest July-Sept 2013
DOCman Ultimate Download Module
- List of Common User Items - 29 May 2014
- Request for Expression of Interest - eGP Project Manager
- Request for Expression of Interest - Business Process Reengineering
- 9th Procurement Cadre Forum Opening Remarks
- Circular - Accounting Officers' Check list- MAy 2014
- Expression Of Interest- Designing of a Proposed Head Office Building
- SBDs For Disposals - April 2014