The PPDA has suspended 34 more companies from participating in public procurement bring the number o...
On Thursday 5 June, His Excellency President Yoweri Museveni, gave the State of Nation Address. The...
PPDA has held the 9th Procurement Cadre Forum for Central Government entities under the theme: “Impr...
The mass registration for the National ID running under the theme My Country My Identity, begins cou...
The Public Procurement & Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA) hosted the 6th East Africa P...
PPDA suspends over 30 companiesMonday, 14 July 2014 09:35
State of the Nation Address- 2014Friday, 06 June 2014 02:26
PPDA Holds 9th Public Procurement Cadre Forum in MasakaFriday, 30 May 2014 00:00
Go register for your National IDMonday, 14 April 2014 09:01
Report on 6th Regional Procurement ForumTuesday, 01 April 2014 16:53
Amended PPDA Act & Regulations came into force 3 March 2014
Amended PPDA Act & Regulations 2014
On 3 March the Amended PPDA Act & Regulations came into force. The amendments will significantly change the way public procurement is managed in Uganda. Some of the immediate benefits are promotion of local businesses under the preference and reservation schemes, and efficiency in public procurement. The new law also demands great accountability from both public and private officials involved in procurement.
The Government of Uganda initiated reforms in the public procurement and disposal sector in 1997, following the enactment of the 1995 constitution and the introduction of several reforms and structural adjustment programmes. Prior to this, public procurement was governed by the 1977 Public Finance (Tender Board) Regulations under the Public Finance Act of 1964.
A world-class public procurement and disposal system that is efficient, transparent and accountable.
To regulate and facilitate public procurement and disposal in Uganda by setting standards, building capacity and monitoring compliance and ultimately contribute to socio-economic development
07 July 2014
Click here for details
- 08 June 2014 Opportunity: Senior Legal and Advisory Services Officer
- 28 May 2014 Request for Expression of Interst - Business Process Reengineering
- 09 April 2014 Procurement Digest Jan-Mar 2014: What to expect in Amended PPDA Act
- 10 February 2014 Procurement awards and focus on regional collaboration
DOCman Ultimate Download Module
- Twelve firms off the suspension list
- PPDA Suspended Providers July 2014
- Prebid Minutes for Ayago
- Disposal SBD
- Addendum - Request for Expression of Intrest
- Expression of Interest - Firm selection for Consultant for Business Process Re-engineering-addendum
- Vacany for Senior Legal & Advisory Services Officer