The Act sets up the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority whose role through the Board of Directors and the Management is to:
- Ensure the application of fair,competitive, transparent, non-discriminatory and value for money procurement and disposal standards and practices;·
- Harmonize the procurement and disposal policy systems and practices of Central Government,Local Governments and Statutory bodies;·
- Set standards for the public procurement and disposal systems in Uganda;·
- Monitor compliance of procuring and disposing entities;·
- Build procurement and disposal capacity in Uganda.