The Public procurement and Disposal of public Assets Authority (PPDA) is set to roll out the Electronic Government procurement (eGP) in July 2018.
This was revealed by the PPDA Ag.Executive Director Mr. Benson Turamye during the preparatory meetings with the selected Procuring and Disposing Entities (PDEs) .The system will be piloted in ten PDEs.these include;
- Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development
- Ministry of Water and Environment
- Uganda National Roads Authority
- Kampala Capital City Authority
- Civil Aviation Authority
- National Information Technology Authority of Uganda (NITA-U).
- Public procurement and Disposal of public Assets Authority
- National Social Security Fund
- Jinja District Local Government
- Mpigi District Local Government
EGovernment Procurement system is a web-based system that covers the full procurement lifecycle, all procurement modalities, and keeps a record and audit trail of all procurement activities. The purpose of this system is to maintain efficient, complete and up-to-date public procurement information for all public entities of Uganda. It will also provide tender opportunities to all potential national and international bidders
This will result into a shift from a cumbersome centralised procurement system to a decentralised and participatory procurement system at the PDEs.This is an initiative by government in a bid to leverage ICT to promote efficiency in public procurement and upholding government’s promise to the public on efficient and accountable governance.
The project is funded under the Regional Communication Infrastructure Program (RCIP) of the World Bank and managed by the National Information Technology Authority of Uganda (NITA-U).
The processes to be covered by the new system include;
- User Register of all the users of e-Procurement System: bidders, suppliers, PDEs.
- Bidding system
- Direct purchasing,
- e-Framework Agreements,
- e-Quoting system.
- e-Payments System
- Contracts management system
- Procurement Plans
- Disposal Plans
- bid Notices
- contract information,
- Best evaluated bidder information
- List of registered Providers(Local and International)
- Suspended Bidders.