The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of the PPDA and assumes overall responsibility for the successful implementation of the PPDA’s policies and programs, development of the Authority’s strategic partnerships and corporate relations as well as ensuring the Authority’s sustainability. She is assisted by a Corporate Directorate consisting of a Director Corporate Affairs and a Personal Assistant among others, each of whom report directly to her.
The directorate is composed of the following units:
- Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Strategic Partnership and Resource Mobilization
- Internal Audit (This unit reports to the Board, however the ED has administrative oversight)
- Information Communication Technology
The main roles of the Directorate include the following:
- To take lead to ensure that the Authority’s performance and efficiency in delivering on its mandate is continuous, that there is evidence based performance and that there is a system in place that ensures continuous improvement for quality delivery.
- Identifying and developing strategic partnerships with key players in the industry in order for potential relationships to materialize through the effective/ quality performance of the Authority.
- Ensuring that there is a systematic process and structure responsible for organizing and maintaining the Authority’s data.